Welcome to the Immigration section website for the Law Office of Michael P. Gianelli, LLC.The Law Office of Michael P. Gianelli, LLC, is a full service law firm that engages in all aspects of immigration, family, personal injury and general civil litigation law. Located in the Governor’s Park area of Denver, our immigration attorneys assist, advise and represent individuals, families and U.S. businesses with their immigration needs. Immigration law encompasses a vast number of agencies and regulations–and it’s excessively complex. It is important that you have a knowledgeable immigration attorney who can help you through the process.
There is a lot of free advice on how to acquire legal status in the United States, but it may not always be reliable. Most immigration sites are not written by legal experts, and while they may be well-meaning, they cannot provide the detail you need. Government web sites are informative, but there are nuances to the law that you will very likely not be familiar with. Finding an attorney to guide you through the process will be a necessary first step.
What should you look for in an immigration lawyer?
- You should look for someone who has an upstanding reputation. Investigate their background with the bar association in the state in which they live. If they have any marks against their record, look for someone else.
- Ask around your community for recommendations.
- Make sure the firm you are working with has experience in immigration law and that they are members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. It is important that you have an attorney who is committed to staying abreast of the latest developments in the field.
Filing immigration paperwork requires a high degree of expertise. Mistakes can delay your application, make fixes by a lawyer more expensive, or even get you removed from the United States. Here are a few things a competent immigration attorney can do for you::
- Give your case a thorough analysis to see which options are available.
- Explain various options, along with their advantages and disadvantages.
- Recommend the best course of action.
- Help you submit a proper application that will reduce your chances of rejection.
Trying to navigate the immigration laws by yourself is extremely difficult. You need an experienced immigration attorney with a high approval rating on your side. Immigration consultations regarding Visitor (B), Student (F), Scholar/Exchange (J), and all Employment-based visas (temporary and permanent) are charged at a reduced hourly rate of the attorney.